Privacy and Data Protection
Flickstree recognizes that when you choose to provide us with personal information about yourself, you trust us to treat it responsibly.
- Through the other business functions of Flickstree, such as through our customer loyalty programs or by customer service representatives.
- Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. In addition, we may have relationships with non-Flickstree entities that distribute the Services. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such third parties. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to such third parties.
- while Flickstree does not make any editorial determination about the Content to be displayed and made accessible on the Platform, if: (i) we receive any notice or communication that any Content or any part of the Content belongs to a party who has not consented to such content being uploaded and accessible on the Platform or that it is violative of the rights of any person who has not consented to such Content being uploaded and accessible on the Platform; or (ii) it comes to our attention that any of the Content violates these Terms, we shall be entitled to remove such content/block public access to such content either temporarily or permanently, subject to the provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957, and the Information Technology Act, 2000, and as we deem fit or in compliance with the orders or directions of the court (if applicable) and we shall have the right, at our discretion, to remove your account, and in either case you shall have no right to make any claims against us for removing or blocking such Content;
- you understand that we act as a technological platform providing incidental, transient storage of the content uploaded by you for the purpose of electronic transmission to and access by members of the general public as understood under the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 and as an intermediary as understood under the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000.
Information We CollectWe may collect information about you and, if applicable, the computer or device you use to access our Services in a variety of ways:
- You may provide us information directly.
- We may collect information about you when you use our Services or view our online advertisements.
- We may collect additional information about you in accordance with applicable law. The manner of our collection and the type of information collected may vary by jurisdiction, for example, to accommodate local legal requirements.
Information you provide us directlyWe collect information directly from you when you choose to register for our Services, sign up to enter a promotion or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information you may provide us directly:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Credit card or other payment information in certain cases.
Information we collect when you use our online Services or view our online advertisementsWe use standard Internet technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and local stored objects, to collect information about your computer or device and your online activity. The following are examples of the types of information that we may collect with these technologies:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- IP address and/or device ID and/or your Location.
- Your browsing behavior on our Services, such as the amount of time spent viewing our online Content and the links you click within our Platform.
- Websites you visit before or after our websites.
- Flickstree e-mails you open and/or forward.
- Flickstree offers or links you connect to via e-mails.
Additional information we may collect about youWe may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources. In addition, we may collect other information you allow a third party to provide to us. For example, if you choose to access or use a social networking service, we may receive and store information that you allow us to receive through those services. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us enhance and improve our Services and offerings and tailor our communications to you.
Use of InformationWe may use the information we collect about you:
- To provide you with services, products, or other materials you request (for example, completing your registration for a loyalty program).
- To communicate with you about our offerings, Services, and promotions.
- To customize your experience with our Services, including by providing you with relevant advertising and content on our websites, mobile applications and elsewhere
- To manage and improve our Services and offerings, including analyzing the use of our Services, and determining the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services.
- To enforce our legal rights.
- Otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of InformationFlickstree may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may share information within Flickstree among our various businesses and affiliated companies, including, for example, to provide you with our Service improvements. Such affiliated companies apply the data protection measures at least equal to those set out in the section below “Data Security Measures”.
- Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. To do so, we may need to share your information with them. For example, we may rely on service providers to fulfill service requests, and answer your questions, send e-mails on our behalf, and analyze data to improve our Services. We may also use third party service providers to collect, store and/or process your information. In each instance described above, such third party service providers have assured us in writing that they apply data protection measures, at least equal to those set out below in the section “Data Security Measures”.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity
- To prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services
- Where permitted by law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flickstree, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees
- Other Parties In Connection With A Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a third party/ies in the event of a sale, proposed sale, transfer or proposed transfer of all or a portion of a business or our assets to a third party, such as in connection with a sale of assets / business(es) or merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation, subject to such third party/ies entering into appropriate non-disclosure agreement(s) committing to protect the security of the data as required by applicable law.
- Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We also may share data that is not linkable to a particular consumer or device (for example, information that has been aggregated with other records) for general business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites or other Services.
CookiesA cookie is a small file that may be stored on your computer or other device. A cookie enables the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize it across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions.
Web BeaconsWeb beacons and similar technologies are small bits of code, which are embedded in web pages, ads, and e-mail, that communicate with third parties. We may use web beacons, for example, to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page, to deliver or communicate with cookies, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other TechnologiesThere are other local storage and Internet technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, that operate similarly to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences across different services and sessions. Please note that these technologies are distinct from cookies, and you may not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings.
How We Use These TechnologiesThe Platform uses these technologies for the following general purposes:
- Administering and improving our Services, including helping us measure and research the effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications. For example, we measure which areas and features of the Platform visitors to the Platform are accessing and how much time they are spending on different parts of the Platform. We may include web beacons in e-mails, for example, to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Storing your sign-in credentials and preferences so that you don't have to enter those credentials and preferences each time you log on to the Platform.
- Helping us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of the Platform.
Consent to International Transfer of DataFlickstree and its service providers may collect, transfer, store and process your information outside of your country of residence. By providing us with your information or using any Service, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information outside your country of residence.
Collection of Information From ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Your Choices & Access to Your InformationChoices. Where permitted by law, we may send you offers or promotions. However, we give you choices about how we communicate with you.
E-Mail: If you no longer wish to continue receiving commercial emails from a particular Flickstree service or the Flickstree group, you may follow the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that, despite your opt-out selections, where permitted by applicable laws, we may send you communications regarding transactions or services you have specifically requested or to inform you of important changes to our Services or policies. If you have multiple accounts, you may need to opt-out separately for each account in connection with the privacy choices described above.
Access to Your InformationThe accuracy of your information is important to us. Many Flickstree online programs allow you to view or update your information online. Check the program you registered with to learn if you can view or update your information online.
Data Security Measures
We have in place various procedures to safeguard your information, including technical, administrative and physical procedures intended to keep your information secure. In this regard we follow the measures set out under the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology-Security Techniques – Information Security Management System – Requirements”. However, please note that no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain personal information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
LinksThe Platform or some of the Content may contain links to third party websites/digital properties/spaces to which we have no affiliation. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with those third parties, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites/digital properties/spaces as we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. Also, we do not represent the correctness, accuracy, adequacy reliability or suitability of the information stored on such third party websites/digital properties/spaces.